Weight Lifting Benefits. Any committed lifter begins weight training to achieve a certain result. But they continue to train because it provides them with so much more value.
The number of weight lifting benefits that I could rattle off the top of my head is obnoxiously long…
…So I’ll save you the headache and just go over a few of my personal favorites:
- Build Super-Human Muscle and Strength. Bigger is better, right? Wrong. Bigger, stronger, and leaner is better. Lifting heavy-ass weight is the fastest and most effective way to achieve your dream physique and the strength to match it. Don’t be too surprised when your lifts go up dramatically and people start bowing down in your presence.
- The World is Yours. Sure, you’ll look like a million bucks, but you’ll feel like a billion. Your Herculean physique and mammoth strength will always be there to remind you that you have the intense dedication and self-control to accomplish anything. Watch as the days turn into months, and the months into years. Before you know it, you’ll feel unstoppable and a goal like global domination seems feasible.
- Become a Mental Monster. Something distinct happens when it’s just you against the weights. Every time you step foot into the gym and put your nose to the grindstone, you leave as a more resilient human being. The process involved in training puts your willpower on the line. Can you endure the short-term pain for long-term payoff? Only the Strong Will Survive.
- Enjoy a Natural High. This is one weight lifting benefit you can experience on your very first workout. Performing intense exercise triggers the release of a potent dose of endorphins, the safe and all-natural ecstasy. You’ll be pining for the gym after just a few workouts – but it’s a healthy addiction that lets you get rid of negative stress and convert it into positive results.
- Stand Tall. Not only will you stand tall in the sense of being more confident, but you will literally stand taller by developing better posture. Weight lifting strengthens your posterior chain and core muscles, thereby giving you a more balanced, aligned, and structurally sound frame. Lose any bad habits of slouching and be able to sit and stand up straight, naturally.
- Gain Invincibility. Although I don’t recommend running into oncoming traffic on the Autobahn, weight lifting does make you less susceptible to sickness and less prone to injury. Lifting weights, sleeping well, and eating nutritious foods are three vital components to a successful weight lifting program that will also improve your immune system functioning. And, of course, having stronger muscles, bones, tendons, and ligaments is a natural safeguard against physical injury.
- Lift Your Way to Independence. If you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself. Well, weight training allows you to do any lifting-related tasks or chores with great proficiency! You can carry all the groceries in a single trip, ignore the “requires team lift” warning on heavy boxes, or even rearrange your living space just to get the right “feng shui.” But, for your sake, please don’t let others know about your abilities, because they will exploit it!
You Reap What You Sow. If you are willing to put in the work, then get ready to experience the above weight lifting benefits and then some.
Weight lifting is the best way to improve your mental and emotional power, while also developing your physical body size, shape, and strength.
I strongly believe that anyone who becomes dedicated to weight lifting will also become a better individual in all aspects of life. It is an all-around investment in yourself, which is the best investment you can make.